Tuesday, May 3, 2016

My Accountability Buddy...


I am so very glad that my son, Grisha has started working out again!

Today I am tired.
Last weekend flying to Orlando to be the head official for the 2016 AAU TKD Florida Qualifier was fun and rewarding, but not in any way relaxing...

This weekend will be similarly fun and exhausting as we drive up to St. Louis for the 2016 Ozark AAU Tae Kwon Do Qualifier!

What with my "Day Job" at the University School of Nashville (K-12 private school where I am the Director of Technology) beginning the hectic run toward the end of the 2015-2016 school year
AND a couple of extra classes taught out at Achieving Success Martial Arts at Cooks UMC
PLUS what has become my weekly gig at Family First Martial Arts...
let's just say that things have been a bit hectic.

Recently I posted that my son was going to go work out in the martial arts class at Family First Martial Arts and then stay and also do a short kettle bell workout with me.  Well, he did, and it was great!

Tonight it is a week later, and he is going to do it again - and this time he is even looking forward to it!

This is GREAT news for me - as his mom, as his martial arts instructor, and as someone who is also trying to work on myself by going to class.

Most of my life, it was just me doing Tae Kwon Do in my family.  Most of my life it was just Mom and me period, since my dad died when I was 14 and the majority of my relatives were not close.

It is so nice to have someone to go to class with!  So nice to have someone to go to class for.  So nice to have someone to be accountable to who is in it WITH you.

Late last night when Grisha got off of work and I had gotten home after teaching in Mt. Juliet, he was just kind of hanging out and visiting with us and brought up going to class tonight at least a couple of times on his own, and talked about how he was looking forward to it. It made me happy and helps me keep myself motivated too.

My "Go to class!" post was written on a Tuesday a while back, when I was tired and really didn't want to go to class.  It is not always easy to get yourself motivated to go - even when you know that the benefits and that you will feel so much better if you do...

Today, I'm tired and have thought at least a couple of times about maybe taking off tonight... then I remember that Grisha WANTS to go tonight and so how can I NOT go?

Who knows what the future holds?  Maybe this will be something Grisha will want to keep doing, maybe it won't, but for now I am really enjoying the extra time we get to spend together, the pure joy I see and feel emanating from him during and after class, and the fact that I have a new/unexpected  "accountability buddy" who helps me keep my actions in line with my goals.

Win-Win-Win!

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz


1 comment:

  1. Nice!! Go grisha! keep striving to fill and inspire your heart!

    ReplyDelete