Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Movement of Power


I am fond of saying that a movement of power often starts with a movement in the opposite direction.

The chambering of a technique is the perfect example of this concept.

So is drawing the arrow back before letting it loose to shoot forward.

It is good to remind myself of this on days like today, when it is sunny and beautiful outside, but cloudy and overcast in my heart and mind.

It is good to remind myself of this on days like today, when I am missing my mom so bad it hurts to breathe. (Most days are not like this, but she loved Easter, and chocolate, and flowers, and her birthday is coming up... )

It is good to remind myself of this on days like today, when I am feeling overwhelmed and generally under-prepared.

It is good to remind myself of this on days like today, when I've not accomplished much of anything on my "to do" list...

Oh well.

A movement of power often starts with a movement in the opposite direction...

Maybe tomorrow I will shoot forward.

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment