Monday, March 14, 2016

Indomitable Spirit


Indomitable Spirit - one of the 5 tenets of TKD

Before I knew what Indomitable Spirit was - before I knew what Tae Kwon Do was - I knew about this.

You can't let people beat you up.

Someone else winning, and you losing (that particular round or event) does not make you a loser.

So we are in the middle of tournament season in Tae Kwon Do, and the South Eastern District Qualifier (hosted by Master Debbi Hooper www.seaautkd.org) is this coming weekend.

I am NOT one of "those" people who think that everyone should get a gold.
But I am one of "those" that think you are only a loser when you think you are...
and there IS a difference.

Indomitable Spirit to me is about not letting outside factors determine your ultimate outcome.

There are so many examples of people with the odds stacked against them - with the outside world telling them that they can't/couldn't - and yet they did.

To me that is Indomitable Spirit - the power within being greater than the pressure or events outside.

Don't let the muggles get you down...

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment