Monday, March 7, 2016

Positively NOT feeling Positive...



Positivity just has never seemed to come "naturally" to me - or be grafted into my DNA.

I do think that most people who have known me over the last 15 years or so, think of me as a positive person...  and I continue to work daily to cultivate it and make/keep it a reality.

Positivity, for me, is a daily (sometimes hourly and sometimes moment by moment) choice - an action - a decision, and there are definitely days when I'm not able to focus on the positive like I want to and think I should.

Positivity for me is more like a tool that I've acquired, learned to use, and continue to apply to my life - sometimes in retrospection rather than in the immediate moment.

When I'm having a hard day, I try to remember that it is often the case that I'm not able to see the good in something while I'm so deep in the middle of it. 

And that even when I can look at (or back at) something and see the good - it doesn't necessarily negate the bad suckiness that was.  It is possible/probable that both exist.

I choose positivity if not at this moment then maybe in the next... or the next... 

Ultimately I choose to take what I have, or have experienced, and make the best of it I can.

There is good.  
If it doesn't present itself, seek it out.

I will choose positivity because I am worth it and so are you.

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment