Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March 1st Check In


Started this blog a month ago - February 1st.

Blogging every day?
CHECK

Losing weight?
CHECK
As of this morning ... I'm 8 pounds lighter.

Still working towards a June 11th date?
CHECK  
Soke Dave McNeill, and Grand Master Bill Dewart are 100% on board.
Cleared the "space request" at US Tae Kwon Do Academy in LaVergne, TN with Master Tammy Sands and Master John Oakley.
Driving down to Jackson Mississippi on Thursday night to work out the following day with Grand Master Richard Hodder. I 'm hoping he will agree to be on the board as well.
We will be working before and during the annual seminar at Grand Master J.R. West's school in Ridgeland/Jackson MS this coming Friday morning and afternoon.

I plan to leave there on Friday afternoon to drive to Atlanta to handle athlete staging for Master Bobby Stone's 2016 AAU GA TKD Regional Qualifier.

And then driving home on Sunday.

I'm nervous about all the driving 6+ hours on Thursday after a long day of work, 7+ hours after working out with GM Hodder to get to Atlanta, and then 4+ hours home on Sunday.  I don't like being away from home that long and I really don't like having to go by myself... but... the other options are either unrealistic or unmanageable right now.  I can do this.

Jo just reminded me that Mom in her 70s, would often announce "I'm going to Florida, be back in a week" and just drive straight through to Ocala - a 10 hour trip only because she had a lead foot and loved going fast!

I've just got to keep doing the "next" thing and chugging along and doing the best I can at this very moment.  It is so easy for me to feel overwhelmed... I just cannot give in to it.  Inhale.  Exhale.  Keep moving.

Rather than worrying about how I'm going to do it all this weekend...
right now I need to finish up this post, finish a project that I've been struggling with for my day job, do some more with the GSWS Curriculum and Website materials, and head out to Family First Martial Arts to teach class tonight.

Keep moving, a step at a time...

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment