Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Self-Control


Recap...
The 5 tenets of TKD:  Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-Control, and Indomitable Spirit

And...
Yesterday's post was about Perseverance, and the one before that about Indomitable Spirit.

Today...
The topic is Self-Control, which is definitely needed as I can easily end up spinning around on the emotional end of things when I'm in the midst of all the Indomitable Spirit and Perseverance drama.  

Don't get me wrong...  
I believe it is important have passion and energy as a part of anything that matters, but at some point it becomes necessary for me to just settle down, and get to work. It comes down to doing what I know needs to be done and making myself actually do it - or NOT do it - as the case may be.

I can totally be all like "YOU will NOT stop/beat me!" - regardless of what the YOU is...
(Indomitable Spirit)

And I'm also pretty good at rallying the forces against even my greatest critic - usually myself - with the "I will NOT give up!"
(Perseverance)

But it is the actual and intentional act of doing (or not doing) that for me exemplifies Self-Control, and it is these intentional actions rather than knee jerk reactions that move me further along my desired path.
(Self-Control)

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment