Monday, February 29, 2016

Why Not?


Last post was "Why?"
So it seemed fitting that this one should be "Why Not?"

Why not just stop all this "extra" stuff I've committed to... the writing, the losing weight, the stretching myself out of my current comfort zone, the reaching out to people of senior rank and/or differing Tae Kwon Do "lineage" than myself, and so on?

I certainly already have enough opportunities/activities/responsibilities to fill each and every day and then some.  And I'm talking about really wonderful, awesome, and fulfilling things I can and "should" be doing - or am behind on getting done...
I seriously never have a moment when I think, "Gosh I wish I had something to do..."
NEVER.

So "Why Not?" just let my very full, fun, happy, and exciting life go along on its current path?

Two main reasons I think:

#1)  I'm not done with Tae Kwon Do -
I'm not done learning and I'm not done teaching. In fact, with my two new knees, I feel almost like I've gotten my second wind.
I'm not the athlete I once was - but I want to find out again about the athlete I am now.

and

#2)  I do have quite a few senior rank students (6th Dans - a bunch of 'em)
I want them to have an opportunity to grow and advance if they so choose. There are simply fewer and fewer options available the higher one progresses in rank. I'd like to either verify an existing path and/or create a new one for them.

Hmmm...
Seems like I've answered the "Why?" (again)
as well as the "Why Not?" (as in "Why not stop all this extra... ?")

Which is a nice tie in to the very first thing I ever wrote about teaching martial arts.  It was a paper called "Two Sides of the Same Coin" and all about perspective.

Perspective... look for at least one post on that soon!

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz




   

No comments:

Post a Comment