Saturday, April 23, 2016

Happy, but not Satisfied...


It is hard for me to post videos of myself doing any forms/patterns. 

I really love forms... I just have never really loved MY forms.

When I look back at them in pictures or especially video - I want them to be so much better than they are. 
I can see *SO* many things that need improving...

But - I think that is easy to "paint oneself into a corner" with that kind of thinking.
It would be EASIER and SAFER no doubt just to do less, and be less open to critique, even if it is by oneself.

And with that kind of thinking, end up not doing anything, and I personally still want to do Tae Kwon Do - maybe more now that in a very long time.  It is SO very nice to have the constant pain gone from my knees.  It is SO very nice to be able to trust that they will move like they are supposed to and NOT move when they shouldn't.

It is absolutely true that my forms/patterns are not perfect - so what?  They never were.  That is why I have always kept at them - kept working on them - in my head, on paper, and in and and out of class.

While I was in New Jersey a couple of weeks ago, Master Andrew Trento mentioned:
"Happy, but not Satisfied..."

Think that maybe I'll try that phrase on for a while.

I love forms - have I mentioned that before? 

So I'll try and be Happy with my forms,
because I am Happy to really be doing them again,
and Happy to be in a good and positive head space when I'm working on them.
Even so, please do not doubt that I'll also continue to work on them, because I'm not Satisfied ... yet.

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz


No comments:

Post a Comment