Friday, April 29, 2016

Orlando Bound


Nashville, TN to Orlando, FL for the
2016 Tae Kwon Do Florida State Championships
AAU Qualifier for Nationals and Junior Olympics
April 29 & 30, 2016
Polk State College - Winter Haven, FL

Flying is really amazing.
Really.
Having made the 12 hour drive from Nashville to the Orlando/Ocala Florida many, many times - I absolutely LOVE the fact that I can fly there in less than 2 hours!

More than that however is the renewed sense of perspective I have every time I fly.

There is nothing like the view from 30,000 feet.
Things that seemed so big, so vast, shrink down to little dots on the landscape.

Whenever I fly, people always tell me to have a safe trip... but since I don't "drive" the plane, once I've done all the things I need to do to get ready to go, the actual plane ride is really a matter of trusting the process, and enjoying the ride.

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the Courage to change the things I can;
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

The Serenity Prayer, is definitely useful for me as a traveler on this trip, a traveler on this "Growing Towards 8th" journey, and a traveler through this life...

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment