Thursday, February 25, 2016

Half a Glass of Water


So are you the pessimist, saying that the glass is half empty?

Or, are you the optimist, saying that the glass is half full?

Or, are you the engineer, saying the glass is twice as big as it needs to be?  *grin*

In my early life, up through my mid-30s probably, I was the pessimist.

Now... I would like to think of myself as an optimistic realist.

In my opinion (MOO - My Opinion Only)...

You need to pay attention to the fact that it truly is half empty.  Do this not out of fear or worry, but because to proceed in life as if there are NO limitations to your endeavors seems foolish and is at the very least not based in a reality that will support future successful endeavors.

You also need to pay attention to the fact that it is half full. I often think of this as counting my blessings and being grateful for all that I have and have been given.  At the VERY least, seeing that half full amount lets you know that the glass holds water! You *do* have resources ready and waiting.

You also have potential.
The glass is half empty AND half full, but the maybe the most important part is that it is refillable.

And here are two things I'm personally working on:
#1 - I can/should accept help - this isn't just something only I can/should do by myself every time...
and
#2 - I don't have to wait until it is completely empty before I add more!

Last thought...  given my previously negative thought patterns, it is almost impossible for me NOT to notice that the glass is half empty, but I personally CHOOSE to FOCUS on the half full and get excited and happy about all the possibilities that exist for filling the emptiness.

Love and Respect,
Kathy Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment