Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Long and Winding Road


Saw this on someone's FB post today.  Got me thinking...

It is easy to get frustrated when your sitting in traffic - happened to me today during my lunch break when I was trying to get the emissions test done on my truck, and I ended up sitting in a line of traffic that seemed stuck in time and space.

What was really annoying me was the sitting still, but there was also a sense of frustration about not being able to get where I wanted in the time frame I had set in my head.

Trying to work out the how, when, why, and who for my next testing often feels like a path similar to the one pictured above.

That having been said, the truth is that I'd rather travel a path like that rather than a much shortened "A" to "B" straight line.  I want to cover as much country side as I can.  I want to pay attention and learn as much as I can from everywhere my travels take me. In fact you might say that the destination is just an excuse to make the journey - with the experiences along the way the real goal.

Yup.  I definitely need to remember that what REALLY bothered me was the sitting still...
Tonight I'm going to sleep well, feeling grateful and blessed for each and every twist and turn I'm privileged to experience. Each one is an opportunity that enhances the way forward.

With Gratitude, Love, and Respect,
Kathy Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment