Monday, February 15, 2016

Tools



Soke Dave McNeill says that the highest form of martial arts is healing, and it is true that in Goju-Shorei we learn and teach Seifukujutsu (Japanese Restoration) Massage and pressure points for healing.  That is just the surface meaning of his statement however.   

So many people when they find out that I am black belt and have been doing martial arts for a while want to hear about how many boards I can break, or if I've ever had to "use it" in self defense in "real" life - have I ever had to really hurt someone...

Martial arts, as I am fortunate enough to experience it, is about building up - not tearing down. Using the tools I have to make things better, not worse.

tool is any item that can be used to achieve a goal, especially if the item is not consumed in the process.

Mentally, physically, and emotionally I strive to use the martial arts tools at my disposal to better myself and if possible share that with others.  

I agree with Soke. 

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment