Monday, February 1, 2016



O.K.
Let's DO this!

My name is Katherine Wieczerza.  The last time I tested for Tae Kwon Do (TKD) ranking was for 7th Dan, at the AAU Nationals, in the summer of 2007.

When my mother died in 2013, I remember thinking that I'd never test in TKD again.  How could I?  She has ALWAYS been there.  Been literally at all of my testings, but even more so, been there FOR me and with me through all the good and all the tough times of my life.  Without a doubt, my mom - "Miss Betty" - has been my life long and greatest supporter.  Sorry, spouse, son, friends and family... she has you all beat in years if nothing else...  :)

June 11th, is the date that I'm trying to make happen.  Mom died on June 7th.  So that will make it a completed 3 years and 3 days later.  Three is a "very special number" - those of you who know me well can go ahead and laugh hearing my poor imitation of my first TKD instructor saying that - but it really is a very important number.  Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.   Mind - Body - Spirit.  I could go on and on. So the day after that 3 year 3 day time seems right.  It is also one month before my 52nd birthday.

I'm lining up a panel of 3 distinguished 9th Dans:  Soke Dave McNeill, Grand Master Robert Hardin, and Grand Master Richard Hodder.  If they can make the 11th of June work, then that's the date the board will convene.  I've got tentative approval from Soke and GM Hodder.  I left a voice message today for GM Hardin, so we'll see.

Much, much more to come on each of them, what I'm going to be doing between then and now, what will happen on that date (whatever date it becomes) and what happens afterwards.  For now let me wrap up this first post with this:

1) I'm going to lose between 15 and 25 pounds (targeting 20 as my main number) between now and "then"...

2) I'm going to create a "portfolio" - of which this blog will be a part, but not the sole component of -with videos and documents and pictures and ...  so that this promotion (whenever it happens) will be based on a body of work (past, present, and future) rather than just one day's "performance".

3) I'm going to blog every day - yes every day - between now and then so that I stay on track and hold myself accountable to the process.

Let's DO this!

Respectfully,
Kathy Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment