Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Numbers

number is a mathematical object used to countmeasure and label.

We use numbers to represent dates, weights, days, goals, steps, ranks, blood pressure levels, lists, phone numbers, times,...

It is is easy to get all caught up in the numbers themselves and forget that they are tools we use "to count, measure, and label" rather than the end all be all in themselves.

In trying to arrange things:  meetings, dates, conversations, testings, etc,
I need to remember not to get too caught up in the numbers.

I need to keep reminding myself that the reason I am moving on this path again - the path towards a higher Dan number - is because of what that represents.  It is a measurement, a count, and a label, to indicate that I still love doing Tae Kwon Do, that I love learning and growing, that I've still got a lot to give, and a lot to learn.

Being an 8th instead of a 7th is a label on the package that is me, the martial artist. Regardless of the label, I want the contents to be good... ya know?  Best if used by... hopefully haven't reached that date yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment